Likened by Pet News to a Dr. Spock for canines, this is the one dog book owners need to ensure their pets’ health and well-being. Dr. Terri McGinnis, a practicing veterinarian with over twenty years’ experience, thoroughly covers every aspect of dog care: anatomy, daily care, diagnostic medicine, medical emergencies, and home medical care, as well as breeding and reproduction. The Well Dog Book is a comprehensive, easy-to-follow guide that answers the questions most frequently asked by dog owners:
• What’s the best way to house-train my dog?
• How can I remove tar or paint from my dog’s coat?
• What’s the right diet for a puppy, a new mother, an older dog?
• What vaccinations does my dog need, and when?
• How can I get rid of fleas on my dog and in my house?
• What does it mean if my dog is feverish, excessively thirsty, irritable?
• What are the special needs of my pregnant dog? How can I help her during delivery?
• If my dog has an accident, what do I do?
• What problems can I handle myself and when do I need a veterinarian?
With over 120 illustrations, a general index for rapid reference, and an invaluable index of signs, The Well Dog Book gives dog owners the knowledge, skills, and confidence to raise a well dog.