If your dog needs extra liver support, your veterinarian will almost certainly recommend using Denamarin, a silybin (from milk thistle) supplement. This product is a nice boost for the liver beyond the silymarin found in Apocaps for dogs who need a little more support.
Your veterinarian, as always, will be the best resource for you to make a plan for your dog’s health.
You can read more about milk thistle and its extracts in chapter 12 of Dr. Dressler’s book The Dog Cancer Survival Guide.
From the Manufacturer:
- DENAMARIN HELPS MAINTAIN THE HEALTH OF YOUR PET’S LIVER: The liver is one of the most vital organs in your pet and is responsible for removing toxins, storing energy, aiding digestion, and supporting the immune system
- PROVIDES LIVER PROTECTION AND DETOXIFICATION: Denamarin helps to increase levels of a potent antioxidant called glutathione, which helps with detoxifing the liver and may help in liver cell repair and regeneration
- #1 veterinarian recommended liver support brand
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: The Silybin (Milk Thistle Extract) in Denamarin has been shown to have higher absorption in dogs than the standardized milk thistle extract found in many other products.
- Made in the USA from globally sourced ingredients