Why Do We Recommend This Product?
Modified citrus pectin (MCP) is an interesting substance extracted from citrus. Dr. Dressler recommends it to reduce metastasis and local invasion. It’s easy to add to food, and because pectin is a natural thickener that has no flavor, it’s very palatable for dogs.
NOW Foods is a trusted brand.
Please read more about modified citrus pectin in chapter 13 of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide, and check with your own veterinarian about its use in your dog’s specific case.
From the Manufacturer:
- HEALTHY CELL GROWTH AND REPRODUCTION*: A patented, low molecular weight citrus pectin that can pass through the intestinal barrier so it can work systemically.*
- IMMUNE SUPPORT*: MCP can bind to and facilitate the excretion of low levels of heavy metals from mild, but common environmental exposure.* Studies indicate that MCP promotes healthy urinary excretion of heavy metals from typical everyday exposures without altering the retention of other nutritional minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and selenium.*
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY CELLULAR GROWTH*: MCP has been shown to support healthy cellular growth and reproduction.*
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.