Benadryl is sometimes prescribed for dogs with mast cell tumors who need an antihistamine onboard. We like this version because it is dye-free.
Please consult with your veterinarian about the dose for your dog, and whether it is necessary to use this over-the-counter drug.
There are liquid forms as well. This drug is interchangeable with the generic, which is available under many brand names. Look for diphenhydramine HCl on the label and remember to dose appropriately for your dog.
From the Manufacturer:
- 24-count bottle Benadryl Allergy Dye-Free Liqui-Gels, antihistamine allergy medicine with diphenhydramine HCl that provides multi-symptom allergy relief and cold symptom relief
- Relieves allergy symptoms such as sneezing; runny nose; itchy nose; itchy throat; itchy, watery eyes, and it relieves cold symptoms such as sneezing and runny nose
- Dye-free Benadryl liquid gels work when you need it most. They offer the benefits of an antihistamine allergy medicine without the additional colors or dyes other brands may have
- Intended for adults and children ages 6 and up, these Benadryl tablets come in a 24 count pack for multi-symptom allergy relief
- Temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies using the active ingredient diphenhydramine HCl